“The journey to your soul starts from your plate…”
- What is Ayurveda? ‘Ayur’ means age or longevity and ‘Veda’ means knowledge. Ayurveda helps increase the quality and longevity of life. It helps you regain balance in your mental and physical health.
- How does it apply to me? We are all composed of the five elements which is activated in our energies as Vata (windy), Pitta (fire) or Kapha (water). Your dosha type or mix affects your constitution, energy, mind and emotions. So if your five elements are imbalanced, then you will experience disease and lack of ease.
- Can my imbalance be rectified? Yes! Thats the beauty of Ayurveda. Just as your lifestyle can make you sick, your lifestyle can make you balanced and healthy, and even enhance your spiritual journey. Ayurveda has a wonderful formula to take you from imbalance to balance.
- How long do I need to practice Ayurveda? Ayurveda is not a quick fix. Once you understand how and where you are imbalanced, you will receive guidance on how to walk back towards balance. As long as you have life in your body, you have the choice to practice balance vs imbalanced lifestyle on a daily basis. The choice lies with you.
- I feel hassled changing my lifestyle, don’t you have a 15-day diet? That is how I felt when I started. First there was resistance, then reluctant application, then it became a habit, and now I miss it, if I don’t follow it. Ayurveda grows on you, and with patience, you will bloom. Ayurveda is an inward journey to your inner and most beautiful (probably hidden) self.
- How do I start? Start by taking the dosha quiz. Find your original constitution (prakriti) and imbalance (vikruti). Educate yourself in small modules and take advice on how to bring back balance. Take baby steps and enjoy the journey to your deepest self.